“I’ve been so lucky to have many good things and people in my life but I really, really, most of all want to be a mommy.”
My Location: Louisiana
Other Kids: None
Preferences: Any Race, Either Gender, Newborn up to 2 years of age
Why I Haven’t Married: I am not married BUT I am in a loving, committed relationship with a wonderful man, Chad. We are next-door neighbors and have been together 3.5 years. I’m also surrounded by other loving relationships, too – terrific friends and a close-knit family. My life is very full and happy and I’ve got a big loving community around me, but I’m eager to share that with a little one!
Qualities Others Love, Admire and Respect About Me:
• That I’m passionate and my energy is infectious.
• That no one makes them laugh as much as I do.
• That family and friends are the most important thing in my life.
• That I’m a fiercely supportive and a loyal friend.
• That I care about excellence and strive for it in my life and push for it in others.
My Hobbies and Interest:
• I love to make costumes and headpieces. Mardi Gras is my favorite time of year and my house is usually covered in glitter and feathers from making my creations!
• I love to go see live music. New Orleans is an incredibly musical city – music is truly around every corner. It’s one of my favorite things about living here.
• I love to travel. Recently I’ve spent a good amount of time in Barcelona, Spain. It’s a fascinating, beautiful place and I can’t wait to go back!
• I love to cook. Making big, elaborate meals to share with loved ones is one of my favorite things to do.
• I love to be outdoors, whether that’s hiking in California or in my backyard with my chickens. (I’ve got two very nice, very funny hens who supply me with fresh eggs daily!)
Why I Want to Adopt: I’ve been so lucky to have many good things and people in my life but I really, really, most of all want to be a mommy. I have been trying for years, but I’ve struggled with infertility and have lost several pregnancies. It’s been heartbreaking, but it’s made me even more sure of what I want: the opportunity to share my life and my love with a child.